Welcome 2016!

Hi there. I'm Mrs Dobbie and here we are at the beginning of a new school year. Welcome to Room 6's class blog. If you see interesting stuff on here from last year all about Room 5 don't panic you are not on the wrong blog page. I have shifted classrooms so Room 5's blog has become Room 6 's. Confused?

So here are some of our first pictures showing us working collaboratively. "Collaboratively" means working together like a well oiled machine. If any part of that machine doesn't work properly then the whole machine doesn't work well either. Imagine a car without an engine or only 3 tyres!

In this activity we had to work together in teams to build a "tower of doooom". It needed to be at least 1 metre high and had to support a tennis ball on the top. We could only use newspaper, masking tape and scissors.

Some of us found it hard to work together but that's o.k. It takes time and lots of practice to work collaboratively. Adults find it difficult too. All the teachers had to do this activity as well and  it was hard work to agree sometimes on what to do!

Everyone had a good time though and afterwards we had a class discussion about the positive or good things that happened in our groups (lots of talk, sharing of ideas and co-operation), the not so good things (frustration, arguing) and the interesting things (some people didn't participate at all, some groups gave up more easily than others and some showed great perseverance to carry on and complete the task even when it hadn't quite worked out the first time)!


"Good collaborative work girls!.....





....and you too boys!"


Each group had different designs!


"Quick we need more tape!"


"Ta da! We did it. We worked collaboratively1 " 


"So did we!"


"Don't forget us!"

!


Comments

  1. Wow! Amazing work Room 6. Cool! Hi I'm Michael from Room 23. Did you have fun making your Tower?
    Hi, Room 6. Good job working collaboratively. Did you have fun making it? It looks like you did lots of different designs. Skye.
    Hi! My name is Tasniim. I'm in Room 23. I like your blog. In your pictures you all worked collaboratively. You guys showed me how to work as a team member.
    Hi! My name is Anastatia. I'm in Room 23. Your blog used interesting words like collaboratively and perseverance. Your 'towers of doooom' were fantastic.
    Hi! My name is Hunter. I'm in Room 23. I liked how you shared and took turns whilst you made your 'towers of doooom'! How long did it take to make them? The 'towers' were AWESOME....
    Fantastic, Room 6. You worked wonderfully in your groups. You put a lot of effort into the 'tower of doooom'!!! It would have been a lot of hard work. Did it take long?
    Hi! My name is Cristian. I really liked your towers of doooom. They're really awesome. How long did it take you to make your tower of doooom? My name is Robbie and I'm from Room 23.I like your 'tower of doooom' because you balanced a ball on your tower. Good job guys!
    Hi! My name is Elijah. I'm from Room 23. Was it difficult to build your tower and put the ball in the tower of doooom? Good job working together. Did it fall over when you put the ball in?
    Hi! My name is Pragati. You guys did a good job at building your tower of doooom.
    Hi! My name is Keiziah and I'm in Room 23. I liked the way you helped each other by working collaboratively. Good work Room 6. Did you have fun?
    Hi! How are you doing? I'm from Room 23. I'm Ziqi and I think you all did great! How did you put the tennis ball on top of your tower? You were working as a team and I like teams who work together. You're trying your best, Right? Thanks Ziqi.
    Hi Room 6. Well done for working collaboratively in groups. What a great job you have done making your 'tower of doooom'. Aryan
    Hi there Room 6. I liked the way you worked collaboratively, how you shared your ideas with your group and how you took turns when building your 'tower of doom'. Was it difficult to balance the ball on the top of the tower? Rosa
    Hi! I'm Samar and I'm in Room 23. It is great seeing you guys working collaboratively as a team. Was it fun?
    Hi everybody! I'm Arisha and I'm in Room 23. I cant believe how well you worked collaboratively as a team. I could never do that. So 10 thumps up on your efforts. Did you guys feel confident when you balanced the ball when you put it on the tower.
    Hi Room 6, I'm Dannielle and I'm in Room 23. I like your towers. Its awesome to see you all working together like a team. Was it hard making your tower?
    Hi my name is McKay and I'm in Room 23 and my class and I were reading your blog. We looked at your pictures and they looked great! Did you have fun?
    Hi my name is Bilal and I liked your 'tower of doooom'. Did the groups work well?
    My name is Jaelin and I'm in Room 23. You were really clever in making your 'tower of doooom'. Did you have fun?
    Wow! Amazing pictures of your 'tower of doooom'. Was it hard making them? Nice working as a team Room 6. Hammaad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading our blog guys. We will have to check your's out and make some comments for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts