More Statistics Learning

Emilie taught Mrs Dobbie a new form of graph today. It's called a donut graph. You'll see why. 

Here are her results in a donut graph of the colours of  Skittle lollies in a packet. 

She also sorted out the colours in an M&M packet. What is this one lonely blue M&M? Emilie made a pie graph for this one. So many graphs called after food names!

What do you notice about both graphs and the M&Ms on the plate? Could you make some statements about what the graphs are showing you?







Comments

  1. Kia ora Emilie,

    Wow! I'm super impressed by you graph and the learning going on.

    Mrs Dobbie asked very good questions. From the graph, it looks like there is more yellow M and Ms .

    Did you end up eating the M and Ms?

    -Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emilie,

    Thanks for sharing your learning. I noticed there were more purple skittles than any other colour. Purple is my favourite colour. What did you prefer to eat more, the skittles or the M & Ms?

    Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, done to Mrs. Dobbie and especially to Emilie!
    I did not know much about a donut graph but its clearly a different shape from a normal graph and on such a delicious subject too.
    I like how Emilie provided a photo of the skittles and lone m &m to back up the graphs data.
    I hope the skittles tasted just as satisfying afterwards!
    Keep it up Room 6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Room 6. From your lovely graph I would say there were about the same amount of yellow as red. Now I'm wondering why there was only one blue one? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that graph my two favourite things maths and lollies . I might have to buy some M&Ms and try a graph myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts