CALENDAR ART

Here are photos of our calendar art based on Romero Britto's art work.

In 2007 Brazilian pop artist Romero Britto created and designed a 45 ft hand painted pyramid which was displayed in Hyde Park in London. It was created  to mark the opening of  an exhibition of Ancient Egyptian artefacts or objects from the time when the boy king Tutankhamun reigned.

Students from the U.K, the U.S, Egypt, Belgium and France helped Romero paint it.

The sculpture is now displayed outside a children's museum in Cairo, Egypt.

Maybe one day you guys will go to visit it. If you do, don't forget to come back and tell me all about it!

                                 






OUR ART WORK!




























Comments

  1. What beautiful and bright calendar art room 6. I can't wait to get my new one!
    Makaia's mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my name is Adriana and I am a student in room 13 at New Windsor School. I really like your calendar art room 6 it is awesome. It made me think of kittens and cat sitting in the sun under a pyramid. Have you thought about giving the idea of drawing cat to other classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, my name is Aleesha and I am a student in room 13 at New Windsor School. I really like your calendar art . It made me think of a cat sitting in front of a pyramid with the sun shining down on the cat. Have you thought about blending the colours together, this will make your art super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Room 6, my name is Serene and I go to Waikowhai primary school. I really liked the calendar art you made. It reminded me of when my old school used to do this. Have you thought about writing how you made it and how much time it took you?
    If you would like to check my blog, visit http://wpsserenec.blogspot.co.nz/
    Blog ya later!🙂

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi . My name is Zahara from room R13
    I really liked your calendar art Room 6 . i think it's so cute and beautiful .
    Your calendar art reminds me about my friends cat .
    How many days did it take you to make that wonderful art .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts